Smart Putty - Glow in the Dark - Putty with Tin
This full sized pack of Smart Putty also glows in the dark! It also has gorgeous bright colours during the day, so it's a perfect win-win if you want a cool added feature alongside a classic and extremely popular fidget tool.
- Texture: Medium firm. This is not a "wet" putty, and is closer to stretchy rubber.
- Smell: There is a faint plastic scent to this putty, but it should not be unpleasant unless you are sensitive to smells.
Glow in the dark - to activate glow in the dark products, you need to expose to sunlight for at least 1 day. Pop it on a windowsill away from too much dust/dirt, and the next day it will glow in a darkened area.
The colour is beautiful even when you do not use this feature, so this an entirely optional extra!
- Tin must be stored upright once the packaging is opened, otherwise the putty may leak out or make it difficult to open the tin.
(If you struggle opening things due to grip issues, please note on the ordering page so we can help you by pre-opening)
- WARNING - do not give unsupervised to people who may eat non-food items.
- Note: This is silent, unless you use it for popping. It is visually interesting so may be mistaken for a toy, however due to the prevalence of stress putties, it will depend on your work or school attitudes and policies. This is an unobstrusive fidget.
Putties have been used for a long time as a therapeutic and calming relaxation aid, mainly because there are so many ways you can play and experiment with them. Putty is responsive to speed, so if you stretch it apart quickly it will rip or if you play with it gently it will ooze and softly stretch in your hands.
The metal tin these putties come in are a great disceet storage device for taking putty out on the go and keeping it clean. You'll want to avoid dropping your putty as it can be difficult to pick out any dirt it may pick up - although this is also satisfyingly fiddly, if you're into that kind of thing!
Other ideas of how to use putty as a fidget include folding and squeezing to create air bubbles which pop with satisfying "snap!" noises, rolling it into a ball, ripping it, rolling into a tube, twisting it, poking your fingers through it, the list goes on!
If you're someone who is easily bored and needs a very creative and engaging fidget to get your mind back into focus, this is a great fidget to start with.
A proportion of all our profits go towards fidgets for people in the UK struggling with mental health, chronic illness or anxiety. To find out more click here.